Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Funniest Mom on the Block

So last nite around 7:30, my son asked if he could go outside to talk to a couple of his friends.

It was already getting dark but I allowed it and told him he could have 30min.

At the 40 min mark, I called him on his cell and told him to come inside.

At the 50 min mark, I texted him to get his behind in the house. He texted in response "Neeevaaaaah! :)"

At the 55 min mark, I opened the door yelling for him to get in the house and his friends who were in my driveway scurried away laughing as he ran past me and inside the house.

"Devon?" I asked, "What exactly was that about?"

He replied "We were waiting outside the door for you to come out and yell at me, I was purposely not coming in"

"And why exactly would you do that?" I asked.

And through his own laughter, he says  "Cause my friends think it's funny when you come outside mad at me, you get red and your face has the funniest look on it, it's just funny"

"Well" I replied, "I'm glad I could be a source of amusement for you and your friends!"

"Aaah" he sighed "You always are mom, your the funniest mom on the block!" 

Glad to know these kids are taking us adults seriously these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment