Thursday, November 10, 2011

What he wants to be when he grows up.

Sitting on the couch watching HSN and trying to figure out how in the world Snookie from Jersey Shore got her own perfume and more importantly why people are buying it. Oh yes the smell of booze, sweat and STD,s sounds fab! Send me three.

Just as my brain cells begin to swell Devon pops in and says "Hey Ma!" "How much money do strippers make?"

Wait, what? Did I hear that question correctly? I decide to see where he was going with this and replied "Well, I guess it would depend on if they were any good at it ?" ( Ok don't judge me, how else are you supposed to answer a question like that? )

"Ok" he says, "How old do you have to be to be a stripper? "

I mute Snookie and look at him inquisitively. "18" I answer.

Now I have figured out by now where he is going with this but I'm going to see just how far he is going to take this conversation.

A few minutes pass as I sit there open eyed waiting for it and then he says it "Mom, how would you feel if I became stripper?"

I cracked up laughing...on the inside but on the outside I sit there straight faced "Well Devon, it's not the career I would want for you"

"Just listen" he says, "I could do it for a year and save up all the money, I'm sexy so I know I could make good money then I could use it to buy a car"

Now... On one hand I can't help but be proud that he is business minded and planning out how he will be able to afford a car but on the other hand... "Oh hell to the nah!"

How do I get outta this one you ask? "Devon that is a great thought starter but marinate on it for a little while and see If you can come up with a better idea for a starter business. "

"Ok" he says, "I'll be back."

"I'll be here!" I reply.

You know how we as parents always say "kid, you can come to me about anything" yah... Seriously re-thinking that!

No comments:

Post a Comment