Monday, October 31, 2011

Hold my ankles!

Sitting on my bed watching TV when Dev walks in. "Mom, I need your help"

"What's up?" I ask . He says "Ok, I am going to test my arm strength". "Oh boy!" I think to myself, "one of us is going to get hurt. "

I ask "What exactly are you wanting to do Dev?". "Just come here" he says and he proceeds to lay down on my bedroom floor on his stomach with his head touching the wall.

"Ok" he says, "I'm going to count to three and I want you to grab my ankles and lift me up against the wall"...

"Devon... son" I explain, "there is no way I can lift you from the floor by your ankles up in the air backwards to prop you against the wall it's not physically possible".

He pauses and I see the wheels turning. He stands back up and says "ok let's try this, I'm going to put my hands on the floor and then you lift my legs up against the wall. "

"Devon, your going to hurt yourself or hurt me" I plead with him trying to get him to listen to reason but he refuses. "Mom come on let's go, just try it" he says.

At this point I realize I will be here all night if I don't let him try so I give in but already know the end results.

Here we go... He bends over and plants his hands on the floor. I grab one ankle at a time and with all my might Barely manage to lift his legs half way in the air when he yells out "Oh God! his arms give out and he lands on his face, meanwhile I am still holding his ankles in the air. " Never mind, never-mind!" he screams, "Put me down!"

He lies on the floor for a few minutes gets up and says "Yeah, that wasn't a good idea!"

Ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment